My Fab Followers

Wednesday 10 January 2018

Happy Birthday to our Beautiful Em!



It's our gorgeous Em's 23rd birthday today and as she is an artist, I always feel I have to up my game and do something a bit arty for her card!
Lucky for me that Marianne Designs have just brought out some mixed media products  including some splodgy stamps (technical term!) and some stencils so I mixed them up with some older stamps and created this.
The image is a beautiful stamp from Character Construction - I think I've found a new obsession!- and perfect for mixed media projects.

For the background I used one of Marianne's new stencils which I felt looked a little like a tangle of trees in a forest and sponged Distress Oxide ink through. I then splodged some DO inks with some dotty stamps to make it look like a carpet of flowers.  I then gave the panel a mist of water so that the DOs could do their magic! 

For the dress and butterflies, I used a variety of splodgy stamps including two of their new ones (deets below), some older sets and I used their firework burst stamps to make them look like flowers.
I stamped the character image  and butterflies onto the panel and cut out the dress, stamped her face and arms and coloured them with Promarkers. I then stamped the images onto the background panel and layered up the separate parts to complete the image.  Similar with the butterflies.

Here is the full list of Marianne Design Products:

Stencil - PS8003 (NEW!)
Texture Stamps - MM1615/1616 (NEW!)
Butterfly stamp set - CS0927
Fireworks stamp set - TC0845
Eline's Brush stamp set  - EC0162
Background stamps - CS0977
Brush die - COL1375 (actually an old nib pen for ink but looks like a brush!)

The Art and sentiment dies are from Visible Image.


Can't sign off without sharing a pic of our gorgeous girl at Christmas!!


Happy Birthday Pickle!!


I'm entering my card into the following challenges:

Everybody Art - Latest Purchase - Character Construction stamp and Marianne Mixed Media 
Crafting From the Heart - Anything Goes
Use Your Stuff - Something New - Marianne  and Character Construction stamp
Two Sisters on the Blog  - Something Vintage
House of Cards - Mixed Media
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Something New- Character Construction and Marianne Stamps

Hugs, Juliexx


8 comments:

Nicolette said...

I add your card to out blog.
Thank you for joining us at 2Sistersontheblog.
Nicolette DT

Unknown said...

Great card, the 'splodgy' stamps are very effective as flowers :)
Hugs Kaz xx

Sue said...

This is wonderful Julie, I love your dotty flowers! Thanks so much for joining in with our challenge at Country View Crafts, and have a fun week. Sue xx

Caroline said...

Thanks for you beautiful card to our challenge at 2Sistersontheblog.
Caroline DT

Teresa Kline said...

hello julie! sweet card, gorgoeus color combo and design! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

blog-paperie blooms
ig-2klines

sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

Seija said...

Gorgeous Card and wonderful colours! Thanks for joining us at EAC. Hugs Michi

Evelyn Walter said...

Your card is beautiful, Julie! I love the colors and the Lady looks fabulous.
Thank you for joining in with our challengen this month at Country View Challenges!
Evelyn

Shawna said...

This card is so enjoyable to look at. Your mixed media is perfect. Colors perfect. The entire card is magnificent. I am sure Pickle is going to love it. Thank you for joining us at House of Cards.
Cyber hugs
Shawna DT